Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lesson 3....

Lesson 3: Don't give up! So it's been about a week now and I still have no new customers. Plenty of potential customers but no one has actually placed an order. As a new rep, this is very discouraging, I know. But, DON'T GIVE UP! Find little things to make your little "i got this far" mark. For me, it's twitter. I know, you're thinking "what's that got to do with Avon?" Well, I'm using twitter as a social networking tool. There are millions of people on twitter. Why not befriend them and get them to your site? As an eRep you don't have to limit yourself to being local. Go out and advertise to the world! (or atleast the US and Canada lol) So, my little progress marker is that I've only been on twitter for a few days and already I have a few followers. Not enough to make a difference in my site as of yet but as my popularity grows, more people will read my twitters which will give my site (and my blog) more exposure! It all plays in together. Now, I know this may sound complicated but it really isn't and it's actually keeping me sane. If I were only going door to door with my Avon and didn't have any customers by now I'd probably be balled up in a corner crying (ok...a little melodramatic but you get the picture). What I'm saying is don't give up and find little things that show you're progress. Soon enough you'll be booming. And don't scratch out any of your ideas to get noticed. Car bumper stickers, flyers on poles, twittering, whatever. Just get yourself out there. What have you got to lose?...

No comments: