Friday, May 1, 2009

Lessons in Selling

I wanted to share this little tidbit that happened to me yesterday. My best friends mom works on the same project I do and, consequently, works within walking distance of me. She was visiting our office and stopped by to say hello. In the middle of our conversation my avon brochures (hanging up in my cube) caught her eye and she inquired. Turns out, she's been looking for an Avon rep since moving out to Indiana and she is a very good purchaser! I say this to say you never know who a potential customer can be until you put yourself out there. I was too afraid to promote myself when, if I had, I could've gotten a major purchase last campaign! LOSE THE SHYNESS! Approach people and put yourself out there so people will know. The worst thing they can say is no...

2 comments:

Kely said...

Hi there!
I am a district manager for Avon in NB Canada. I was just searching to see if anyone might be blogging about Avon so that I could provide my reps with additional training and encouragement surrounding the business and I found you! This is so great! Congrats on your first customer!!! You are absolutely right about just having a brochure with you at all times to attract additional new business. It really shows the power of the brochure.
I hope that you continue to strive and succeed with your new venture. Don't be shy about approaching people and just asking them if they get a brochure regularly. You will be surprised how many people will want to have an Avongirl!
Good luck and thanks for the inspiration!
Kelly

scarf said...

Good lessons for sales people. So don't be shy. Thanks for the tips.